WHY SUPPORT 7 IS UNIQUE
Who we are:
Support 7 is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization of volunteers who have been serving South Snohomish County for more than 40 years, helping victims, survivors and their families move from crisis and trauma to hope and healing.
What we do:
Directly and practically partnering with local fire/police/first responder agencies, we help people in need at the moment of crisis, filling the gap of “Compassionate Care”, taking people from time zero to an upward trajectory of healing and hope.
How we do it:
Being dispatched by Snocom 911, we respond in the moment of crisis assisting first responders as liaison in “on-scene” incidents helping victims and survivors connect the dots to practical next steps.
- A private place to get out of the weather, away from onlookers and potential media.
- A respite for first responders, and a transition place for necessary interviews and some quick refreshment.
- A smooth connection to resources (such as funeral, medical examiner office, grief and counseling resources, local assistance for housing / clothing, Red Cross, local churches, and more).
- A burden lifted through sensitive death notifications
Support 7 is unique in that we are…
- Trusted and Trained: Support 7 has a track record of more than three decades. Our Founder, Ken Gaydos, started this because he saw a specific need in Snohomish County. His approach was grounded in the realization that in the time of crisis, victim and survivors are not looking for a lecture on grace, but instead a gentle quiet presence and a soft reassuring voice saying…”Hey friend, I’m here to help.” Our trained and vetted compassionate volunteers have been following this model (helping as they would if they were one of their family) and doing the work 24/7 quietly, alongside local first responders and largely under the radar for the past 40 years. All of this would not be possible without an ongoing trusted partnership with local public safety agencies.
- Timely: Support 7 is always on call and “available.” And by its very name and nature, Support 7 goes to the scene of trauma. Those in need get immediate help.
- Team: Our unique team includes a volunteer incident response team, the “Support 7” stocked motorhome, and expertly trained chaplains.
Why it matters:
- Support 7 leads to practical steps of hope and healing, leading to healthier lives (spirit, soul and body), and options for victims, families and first responders. Ultimately strengthening our community at large.